Thursday, September 3, 2015

A Day at Cascade Mountain



"Is she dead?" the little boy asked.


Those were the first words I heard after falling in every direction at the bottom of the hill. I have never been all that athletic and this day was proof of that.I had only decided to go skiing to be with my older sister and cousin. I'll have to say, we had some good laughs that day. The embarrassing part is  ...  I was on the bunny hill. You know, the hill for little kids to learn how to ski.

Having little kids fly by you on skis is more than a little dejecting to a young teenage girl. I was always the little girl with no coordination. Chubby since birth. The little girl nicknamed "Butterball".
By this time, I had slimmed up, but I still had little coordination.

But even with all of that, the worse part of the bunny hill was the toe rope. I never did get the hang of that. People would just grab on and go. I would grab on and get dragged. Then have to let go and roll away before the person behind me landed on top on me. See what I mean ... lots of laughs that day! I couldn't lift my arms above my head for weeks after that from using muscles that I never knew I had. That was my first and last time on a pair of skis.





You could take this day in history one of two ways:

1) a horrible, dejecting day of embarrassment and dejection.

or

2) a day of fun and laughter

I prefer the latter. After all,

A cheerful heart is good medicine,

    but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.

Proverbs 17:22



____________________________________

 #raisedinabarn
 #LaughingOutLoud
 #reflections



  This Blog post is a Prompt from Reflections of a Mother's Heart
 When Did you learn to Snow Ski? Tell about your experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loving reading your comments.